




Today marked an incredible milestone in my life. Actually, this past week was one of the most eventful filled times I can remember. If I can be permitted to review the events -- wait it's my blog and if you don't like it go somewhere else. If it doesn't turn out good, I might go somewhere else, too.
Backtracking from today on back, here's what happened. My wife "the facilitator of happiness'', gave the faculty speech today at the Desert Ridge Junior High Promotion Ceremony. She has been as nervous about this as anything she has ever done. Many of you know, she really can't pray in public, let alone speak in public, due to her soft heart and tendency to become emotional. There have been many times during family prayer she would speak so softly that Chad and I couldn't hear her. We would inch closer and closer while she whispered and cried softer and softer. At length, both Chad and I would have our ears right next to her mouth waiting to hear an Amen. We have become used to it and have had some fun with it over the years. But, she is terrified to speak in public, yet she married a man with A.S.S. and has a son with it also. Remember, this is also a woman who cries at Supermarket Grand Openings.
Needless, to say, giving the speech was tramatic for her. Her sister, Donna, and I went to hear it and we both concur it was incredible. She was animated, charming, disarming and the speech was perfect. No longer will I worry about her shyness. It was as if she found some deep, dark A.S.S. to draw upon.
That's my Pammie!
Backtracking further to earlier in the week, we ventured the 112 degree heat back to the homeland of Blythe and Cibola. It was perfect weather for the trip. It would be easy to tell the kids about the heat, but they got to experience it firsthand. Here are some plans on what to do with the photos and stories told. No, Heidi, I'm not yelling. Lacy has set up a new blog where we will post some photos and life history excerpts, etc. It will tell the story for our next generation Arnett's of our Cibola experience. In addition, there will be a DVD movie made through a collaboration of several individuals with interviews, snippets of the trip we took and an actual script. It won't be of Baby Boomerang quality, but it will be an appropriate multi-media history of the Howard and Ethel Arnett family. It will be called, " A hat and a rose". That's all I can say for now. This will be for our family only, not to leave others out, but some of the jokes and humor may be esoteric in nature. I have asked for the help of Chea, Lacy, Ryan, Cameron (I'm asking now), Jessica, Candy and Kensie (I'm asking now). It will include an all original musical score based on our experiences then and now and feature some familiar voices. Each family member will be included (somewhat like the James Gale book, but better) and there will be recent photos of entire families. It really should be done and needs to be done. We have the resources and skills necessary to do this, so we will.
So, now I backtrack once again to Cameron's ordination. It was a great experience not only for him, but for us all. I know Cameron appreciates all who could attend. I know this sounds corny and maybe even irreverent, but I found myself looking around to see if just maybe I was in tune enough to see some grandparents there. I didn't and I wasn't, but I felt as though I should look. It was that kind of spirit that was there. Cameron, I know you don't read these blogs, but you have come along way and set a good example for others in our family. Way to go, Sobrino.
So, backtracking even further, all of this was looked over upon by a full moon. Thanks DevHoyo for showing me how to turn off my flash.
5 comments:
Jeff, i'm wondering where my picture is?
It will be posted later with your family. I don't know how to post a bunch of photos at one time. Besides, you are the one that made fun of me yelling.
I had so much fun! Thanks for making it all possible. Such a fantastic trip.
Yes, thanks for putting the trip together. It was a chance in a lifetime...
I have Cibola video up at www.howardandethel.blogspot.com
hb
Post a Comment